[Dbix-class] Re: Problems deploying a Postgres database that uses sequences

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Mon Aug 13 13:08:52 GMT 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 3:43 AM, Robert Rothenberg <robrwo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/08/12 13:50 Robert Rothenberg wrote:
>> I am working on a project that uses DBIx::Class but deploys the database
>> using an SQL script.  We'd like to use DBix::Class::DeploymentHandler or
>> (preferably) DBIx::Class::Migration for deploying the databases, and
>> handling upgrades.

It's probably not the answer you're looking for, but we do it the
other way around. We use DIA to model our databases with UML Class
diagrams and dia2code to transform to the DDL. Then we use Loader to
create/refresh the DBIC schema classes. We have used and perfected
this method for over 6 years and it has worked very well for us.

--
Alejandro Imass