[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class 0.08918 install fails? Was: Undefined subroutine &DBIx::Class::Exception::catch

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 15 15:35:20 GMT 2012

Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:23 AM, Dave Howorth <dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>wrote:
>
>> Dave Howorth wrote:
>>> Has anybody seen this eror message before?
>>>
>>>   Undefined subroutine &DBIx::Class::Exception::catch
>>>
>>> All my programs that use DBIx::Class on a particular machine have just
>>> broken and now die with that error message.
>> So after spending a fruitless few hours looking for the presumed
>> incompatibility (backward regression?), I decided it wasn't worth
>> spending any more time on and that I'd try to resolve the problem by
>> upgrading. But DBIx::Class fails to install (see below).
>>

> HI Dave,
>
> I had good luck with this version.  Might be worth a try since it's an easy
> test.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had found that these test failures were
already reported [1] together with a suggested patch. So I applied the
patch and then it installed cleanly. Hopefully there'll be another
release soon.

The new version, or more probably one of the dependency upgrades, also
fixed the machine so my programs work again. So I'm just left with an
unexplained mystery as to exactly what the problem was. C'est la vie.

Cheers, Dave

[1] https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=78420