[Dbix-class] update oracle clob field fails

Marc Logghe logghe.marc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:47:21 GMT 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Alexander Hartmaier <
alexander.hartmaier at t-systems.at> wrote:

>  Hi Marc,
> are all your objects (tables, views, etc.) in the same Oracle schema?
> If so you can tell Oracle to search this schema after connecting with
> on_connect_do ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA =3D $yourschemaname
>
> The only place where this failed for me was private database links in that
> schema.
>

> Hi Alexander,
no, they are in 2 schemas but the owner of schema1 has read/write access to
schema2. Strangely enough, it's no problem for schema1 user to query tables
of schema2. However, for update, suddenly the tables need to be explicitely
prefixed with the schema2 name.
Regards,
Marc