[Dbix-class] Fine-tuning of prefetched relationships

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 05:05:31 GMT 2013

From: "Peter Rabbitson" <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us>
> what is so scary/undesirable about "modifying the schema" ?
>
> That is a real question - you are not the first to word things thusly. I
> need to figure out where the fear to add an extra definition is coming
> from.
>
> Cheers

I can tell you my source of fear of adding custom code to Result and ResultSet modules.

If I add the code directly in other modules where I need to access DBIC, when I don't need that code, I can change it or delete it and it is all right.
If I add code in Result/ResultSet modules, I can't do the same thing very easy, because I don't know if that code is not used in some other place, and I need to search/grep trying to find if a certain method is used somewhere else, and if it is, modify it in all the places to expect the same arguments.

So I tend to create new and new methods and they accumulate and don't create  a very clean code.

Is there a way to check easily if a certain method in Result or ResultSet modules is used somewhere in the code?

Octavian