[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Fixtures store content of table in one file

M0ses m0ses at samaxi.de
Tue Apr 2 08:23:51 GMT 2013

hi @ll,

i am playing around with DBIx::Class::Migration and use dump_all_sets  to
store my persistent data. I was wondering why a single file is generated for
each record. In my case this results in 85500+ files, using 340MB disk space
(31MB is the size of the whole mysql instance) and the performance is terrible
slow.

So i was wondering, what`s the magic about using single files for each record.
I`m sure, that there was a good reason to use single files even though it is
not obvious for me.

Is there a option/parameter to use a single dump file per table instead of a
file per record in DBIx::Class::Migration or are there other recommendations
for so many records?

I would like to have the possibility to compare old with new tables and only
insert/update/delete changed records.

Thanks,

M0ses