[Dbix-class] Re: DBIx::Class with ODBC

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Thu Jan 24 20:46:23 GMT 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:42:15AM -0800, stephenmoy wrote:
> >> Can you please debug it and see why/how it fails (perhaps step through it
> >> with the debugger or something). Then get us the actual info it
> >> produces, and hopefully adding the extra informix driver won't be much
> >> work.
>
> Using the Perl debugger, it seems like the error begins at:
>
> DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_warn_undetermined_driver('DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC=HASH(0x1b404a10)',
> 'This version of DBIC does not yet seem to supply a driver for...') called
> at ..../lib/perl5/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 1289

I am now confused... When you connect to a DSN we do not yet know how to
support you should see something similar to this: [1]. However you
claimed you saw this exception [2].

> Would the extra informix driver work?

I thought you were asking about Ingres... ? In any case a DBIC Storage
driver is a set of overrides for abnormal behavior exhibited by
different RDBMS engines. For example this is a not too hateful RDBMS
[3]. And this is a very hateful one [4].

Hope this information helps, because what you gave us so far is quite
confusing.

Cheers

[1] https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Attachment/1152090/605899/DBIC-0.08204.txt
[2] http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2013-January/011085.html