[Dbix-class] Re: DBIx::Class with ODBC

stephenmoy smoy at stern.nyu.edu
Fri Jan 25 14:05:44 GMT 2013

>>  When you connect to a DSN we do not yet know how to
>>  support you should see something similar to this: [1]. However you
>>  claimed you saw this exception [2].

In my test, the following line:
my ( $student ) = $schema->resultset( 'Student' )->search( { uid => $uid }
);

produces the "DBIx::Class::ResultSet::search(): DBI Exception: DBD::ODBC::db
get_info failed: [Ingres][Ingres ODBC Driver]Information type out of range
(SQL-HY096)" error.

Hopefully these help:  these are the available values I get with those keys
plugged into get_info:
SQL_CURSOR_COMMIT_BEHAVIOR = 1
SQL_CURSOR_ROLLBACK_BEHAVIOR = 1
SQL_DATA_SOURCE_NAME = db-d1
SQL_DBMS_NAME = INGRES
SQL_DBMS_VER = 10.10.0000
SQL_DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION = 8
SQL_DRIVER_NAME = iiodbcdriver.1.so
SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER = 03.50
SQL_DRIVER_VER = 03.50.1000.0131
SQL_EXPRESSIONS_IN_ORDERBY = Y
SQL_GROUP_BY = 2
SQL_IDENTIFIER_CASE = 2
SQL_IDENTIFIER_QUOTE_CHAR = "
SQL_MAX_COLUMN_NAME_LEN = 256
SQL_MAX_IDENTIFIER_LEN = 32
SQL_MAX_TABLE_NAME_LEN = 256
SQL_MULTIPLE_ACTIVE_TXN = Y
SQL_MULT_RESULT_SETS = N
SQL_NEED_LONG_DATA_LEN = Y
SQL_NON_NULLABLE_COLUMNS = 1
SQL_ODBC_VER = 03.50.0000
SQL_QUOTED_IDENTIFIER_CASE = 2
SQL_TXN_CAPABLE = 2
SQL_TXN_ISOLATION_OPTION = 15

>> I thought you were asking about Ingres... ?
Sorry I misunderstood--when you mentioned "extra informix driver," I thought
that was a viable workaround/solution.  It is an Ingres database we're
trying to connect to.