[Dbix-class] Please test the trial release of DBIx::Class 0.082800-to-be

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Aug 14 12:50:20 GMT 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:25:32AM +0000, Peter Rabbitson wrote:

> After a moderately quiet period the release machinery is firing up
> again. Please consider testing the next DBIC trial release 0.082700_04,
> against your *PRODUCTION TEST SUITE*.

I finally got round to this. All our tests at work pass on 0.082700_05,
except ...

> This is another maintenance release, and the usual rules of "no
> breakages allowed" is in effect.

I had to patch our code thus:

 __PACKAGE__->belongs_to(
     "service" => "Database::Chimera::Result::Service",
-    {
-        'foreign.id' => 'self.service_id',
-        join_type    => 'left'
-    }
+    { 'foreign.id' => 'self.service_id' },
+    { join_type    => 'left' }
 );

because the new DBIx::Class moaned at how it used to be. That seems like
a pretty reasonable thing to do, given that that's brought that
particular code into line with how all our other result classes are
defined. I consider this to be a bug in our code, not in DBIx::Class.

DBIx::Class did the right thing in complaining loudly and telling me
exactly what it was complaining about and where.

--
header   FROM_DAVID_CANTRELL    From =~ /david.cantrell/i
describe FROM_DAVID_CANTRELL    Message is from David Cantrell