[Dbix-class] Re: Reusing defined columns (inheritance?)

Dmitry Latin dim0xff at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 08:50:58 GMT 2014

Alexander thank you a lot!

> I don't remember why Class::C3::Componentised::ApplyHooks was necessary
> to make it work as I have other roles that don't require it but I think
> it has to do with adding relationships as well.

Seems that it is that I'm looking for.

Class::C3::Componentised::ApplyHooks does the all dirty work (which I
described in my second message in the thread).

So when you do

package DB::Model;

 __PACKAGE__->load_components(qw(
+NAC::Model::DBIC::ResultRole::Auditable ));

Then $class->add_columns("create_datetime") (from
NAC::Model::DBIC::ResultRole::Auditable) will put column into  DB::Model (but
not into NAC::Model::DBIC::ResultRole::Auditable).

Thank you again!

PS: Probably it could be usefull to add this info into DBIC::Cookbook.

--
//wbr, Dmitry Latin