[Dbix-class] Error on sub class

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Mon Jan 19 10:17:25 GMT 2015

On 01/16/2015 11:41 AM, Mitchell Elutovich wrote:
> $perl -v
> This is perl 5, version 16, subversion 3 (v5.16.3) built for
> x86_64-linux-thread-multi
>
> $ perl -MDBIx::Class -le 'print $DBIx::Class::VERSION'
> 0.082810
>
> Anyone know why I might be now running into this?  I'm not sure how long
> this problem has existed and I thought I was originally using the sub
> class ok.

This is a new check that was introduced during the 0.0828xx series. It
was introduced due to a lot of abuse-cases of the relationship system.
Nevertheless in this case it seems like a false positive - i.e. your
usage seems valid.

Can you please disable the exception-check in question in
DBIx::Class::ResultSource::_resolve_relationship_condition, and tell me
if everything else seems to behave in a sensible manner?

If this is the case - I would have to remove this check going forward.