[Dbix-class] dbicdump takes very long

thilo.fester@googlemail.com thilo.fester at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:19:03 GMT 2015

Hello,

I'm just updating my model classes using dbicdump [
https://metacpan.org/pod/dbicdump] as I usually do. The output looks good
so far -> there are no errors I could refer to.
But the script is painfully slow. I have been waiting for five hours now
and the script did not finish yet. My schema has around 120 tables but as
far as I remember, it never took so long before.

The config file looks like that ...

<loader_options>
    components                      InflateColumn::DateTime
    components                      Helper::Row::ToJSON
    debug                           1
    db_schema                       MYSCHEMA
    dump_directory                  ./lib
    <naming>
        ALL                         v8
        force_ascii                 1
    </naming>
    overwrite_modifications         1
    skip_load_external              1
    use_moose                       1
</loader_options>

.. without connect string.

I am connected to an Oracle Database 12c (Release 12.1.0.2.0, 64bit). The
connection is stable and Oracle is processing and delivering results pretty
fast for usual queries.

My machines load average: 0,30, 0,41, 0,36

Where is the bottleneck? Did anybody observe this or a similar behaviour
before?

Regards
Thilo