[Dbix-class] dbicdump takes very long

Lasse Makholm lasse at unity3d.com
Fri Jul 10 11:37:12 GMT 2015

DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader does *a lot* of queries on your DB to
introspect it, so runtime is heavily dependant on latency to your DB
server....

Try tracing the queries:

DBI_TRACE=1 dbicdump ...

That should give you an idea of why it's so slow... In my experience, most
of the time is spent making queries, as opposed to actually generating your
result classes....

/L