[Dbix-class] DBIC and Moo woes

Aran Deltac bluefeet at gmail.com
Fri May 8 02:52:59 GMT 2015

Thanks for all the work on this guys.  Things seem to be working well with
one small issue and one big-ish one.  The small one is that mixing
load_components() and Moo's extends() doesn't work.  Easy enough to fix and
makes sense.

The larger issue is that now, with latest Moo, the method resolution order
changes from 'c3' to 'dfs' which breaks a bunch of things for me.  For
example DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime, under c3, comes before
DBIx::Class::Row, but with dfs it comes after and column inflation stops
functioning.

Doing this in my result classes seems to fix it:

use Moo;
use mro 'c3';

I should be complete with my DBIC->Moo work within the next day or two and
I'm hoping based on early success that all will be well.

Aran