[Dbix-class] The email I didn't want to write.

Christian Walde walde.christian at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 17:34:17 GMT 2016

On Wed, 02 Nov 2016 11:50:24 +0100, Peter Rabbitson
<rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us> wrote:

> Citation needed. Please provide an example where I have been abusive or
> even slightly unprofessional in a bugreport. Issue trackers are
> generally always part of the public record, so it shouldn't be a problem
> to back up what was said above.

I didn't want to bother, but rereading riba's arrogance and deceit
combined with your past actions make me angry enough to bother.

He'll probably enjoy that i write this, but well, if he does, he's free to
enjoy it while he can.

Meanwhile i think it's only fair that his userbase knows what his
principles really *mean*.

The following did not have him act in an RT queue, but since his actions
were in direct response and aimed towards affecting a ticket i filed, it
is fair to bring up.

He did abuse me on IRC with the goal to get me to give up on the ticket.

He plainly said this to me and tried to justify it as being his duty as an
engineer.

I did indeed give up on a ticket despite still considering it valid and in
need of action due to him.

I had forgotten about it for months and not done anything about it at all.
A reasonable person should think that would be enough for him to cross it
off as done and leave things be.

However for some insane reason he thought it was appropiate to approach me
again, a YEAR after i had originally filed the ticket, and tell me these
things:

[...]
16-01-08 at 23:11:43 (ribasushi) I re-read the log in p5p several times in
the past week
[...]
16-01-08 at 23:12:21 (ribasushi) if you agree for me to publish it unmodified
(at most with slight reorder to compensate for IRC lag)
16-01-08 at 23:12:33 (ribasushi) I will publicly own to say in no uncertain
terms that I went *EASY* on you
16-01-08 at 23:12:35 (ribasushi) and that I regret it
16-01-08 at 23:13:09 (Mithaldu) regret going easy, or having done it in the
first place instead of looking at it on technical merits?
16-01-08 at 23:13:22 (ribasushi) I looked at the technical merits
16-01-08 at 23:13:25 (Mithaldu) also, publish whatever you liked
16-01-08 at 23:13:33 (ribasushi) and I didn't shut it down quickly enough nor
forcefully enough
16-01-08 at 23:13:39 (Mithaldu) jesus fuck
16-01-08 at 23:13:43 (ribasushi) I wasn't using "radical candor" correctly
16-01-08 at 23:13:46 (Mithaldu) you are an abbhorrent piece of shit
16-01-08 at 23:13:53 (ribasushi) and this is something I do regret
[...]

He might possibly argue that this was him being professional, delivering a
final kick to the liver to ensure it sticks.

However in no possible conceivable way does this deserve ANY respite from
receiving the label "abusive".

I am also not the only person to be treated like that. He said the
following about his treatment of another developer in various venues,
including a github queue:

15-05-11 at 14:00:22 (ribasushi) at this point it is *my engineering duty* to
drive him away from perl

Again, he probably thinks it is professional to do that, but trying to
claim here that it is not abuse is a lie, given he has stated outright
that he was abusing said dev with that particular goal.

--
With hate,
Christian Walde