[Dbix-class] Please don't try to start voting yet

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcat.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 21:05:30 GMT 2016

On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 10:42:38PM -0800, Darren Duncan wrote:
> Here's an idea.  In the spirit of your proposal, how about when the
> discussion seems to be over and it seems time to vote, either Matt
> or Peter would propose that a vote occurs, with the VOTE email etc,
> and then the other one of those two would second it if they agree,
> at which point the vote happens. -- Darren Duncan

I absolutely agree that riba and I should both be happy the discussion is
complete before voting begins.

I feel like having the part where we both agree that we're happy being done
using something that looks a lot like my proposal would seem a little off.

I think the best thing is for me to announce "ready when you are" and him to
do the same, via whatever clear manner suits us, and then David Golden can
declare, in an email, linking to both of our emails, that the vote will open
in 24h unless riba or I objects, and send another email after 24h opening it
assuming there's no such objection.

Little bit clunky, but if we have another incident of people feeling
unexpectedly railroaded I'm going to yell DEMOCRACY! three times and throw
a chair, so I'd rather overcompensate in that regard.

Anybody (especially riba) got any objections to that as a plan?

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/