[Dbix-class] PROPOSAL: Governance and sustainability

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcat.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 21:10:42 GMT 2016

On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 12:18:14PM +0100, Hartmaier Alexander wrote:
> Are 72 hours enough to reach a significant amount of list members?
> For releasing a CPAN version that's fine for me as git master should
> always be in a releaseable state but for feature branch merges I'd like
> to have this extended to  say a week.

I don't see a problem with this, but given the bootstrap line means we can't
initially merge anything, I was hoping such a tweak could be discussed as a
proposal itself because (a) if we don't take the governance route, it's a
waste of energy (ii) I'd really like to validate the proposal system by
using it to amend itself (3) the "can't touch master or blead until the
document is moved out of bootstrap by a vote" means that nobody can sneak
anything in before you get a chance to do that.

On the other hand, if people do want to discuss it and there seems to be
a decent number of people in favour, I don't mind amending the proposal
pre-voting - after all, if it turns out to be wrong somebody can put forward
a proposal to unamend it post-adoption instead :)

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/