[Dbix-class] IMPORTANT: A discussion of DBIC governance and future development

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Wed Oct 5 09:44:47 GMT 2016

On 10/05/2016 08:50 AM, Karen Etheridge wrote:
>> It is now much harder to advance either of these points.
>
> Why?

Because now that you causally dropped an insinuation that a part of the
work I put into DBIC itself was performed for material gain, a casual
reader could interpret this entire thread as "Ribasushi tried to
strangle a CPAN project for his own profit". That would be despite the
fact that the core of your ( very complex and multi-layered )
work-related issue is in a module outside of ( and discouraged by ) the
DBIC project, and as such entirely outside of the scope of this discussion.

Given I have not placed a single line into *this* codebase with material
gain in mind, and because it is very important to me to distance myself
from the above implication, I essentially no longer can send you folks
an invoice for the other only tangentially related bits.

I am certain it won't really change the outcome of your employer still
getting what they wanted, given some of the pieces involved in fixing
your problem moved along far enough that I can't not wrap this up, in
light of my obligation to *other* users of the
::ResultSet::RecursiveUpdate stack.

So TLDR: nothing affecting you directly, but your unsolicited (and
unrelated to this thread) disclosure made the aftertaste of the entire
thing beyond unpleasant.