[Dbix-class] IMPORTANT: A discussion of DBIC governance and future development

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Fri Oct 7 08:01:02 GMT 2016

On 10/07/2016 03:08 AM, Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 11:32:18PM +0200, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>> Given the discussion generated way more interest than I anticipated, at
>> this point I am pausing all activity ( both code and administrative
>> changes ), until at least the 8th of October. I want to give ample time
>> for all interested parties to state their thoughts.
>
> To replace my earlier reply.
>
> I said it seemed strange to me to cease development when it's obvious that
> both the co-maints and the users would love to have your final work.
>
> However, the emotional toll of this conversation has made it very hard for
> me to write useful code in the meantime.
>
> As such, please everybody take riba's waiting code-wise as being the same
> focus issue, rather than an attempt to punish the user base for disagreeing
> with him, and please also accept my apologies for even implying it might
> have been anything else.

Matt,

I find the above extremely patronizing and condescending. I am an adult
- I can speak for myself if it were necessary.

There is an important issue at stake. An issue that for me is based
exclusively on a technical and procedural rift. I do have emotions
attached to this, sure. But I am keeping them out of this discussion.

You know better than most the only reason I am walking away is because I
can't self-fund the time required.

Your repeated suggestions that this is all about the "toll" and the
"burnout" and whathaveyou are not factual, not constructive, and
therefore not welcome.

Please stop re-focusing the conversation.