[Dbix-class] IMPORTANT: A discussion of DBIC governance and future development

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcat.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 01:08:40 GMT 2016

On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 11:32:18PM +0200, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> Given the discussion generated way more interest than I anticipated, at
> this point I am pausing all activity ( both code and administrative
> changes ), until at least the 8th of October. I want to give ample time
> for all interested parties to state their thoughts.

To replace my earlier reply.

I said it seemed strange to me to cease development when it's obvious that
both the co-maints and the users would love to have your final work.

However, the emotional toll of this conversation has made it very hard for
me to write useful code in the meantime.

As such, please everybody take riba's waiting code-wise as being the same
focus issue, rather than an attempt to punish the user base for disagreeing
with him, and please also accept my apologies for even implying it might
have been anything else.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/