[Dbix-class] Traffic pattern changes ahead

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Fri Oct 7 20:34:34 GMT 2016

On 2016-10-07 10:08 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
<snip>
> master (dc7d89911b) itself is *in a fully releasable state*. It passes its
> extensive CI checks. It has also been tested against downstream dependencies
> extensively as indicated in the commit message of dc7d89911b. With that being
> said - it is not in a state of completion I would have shipped it myself (what
> is mainly bugging me are the missing warnings).

Thanks a lot for this message!  My primary concern has been addressed by it.

While you didn't yet implement everything you wanted to, the actual work that
you performed is committed and you consider the codebase to be release-ready as is.

Even if you don't do anything else on the codebase, you have then left a strong
legacy and people will benefit greatly from all the work you did so far, which
is not wasted.  Also, you did finish many of your checklist items 100% even if
not all of them.

That being said, I say more power to you where you want to write/commit the
other pieces that you would prefer to ship, particularly the warnings.

Thanks again for all your work over the years, DBIC users are better for it.

-- Darren Duncan