[Dbix-class] A slightly more concrete proposal

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Sun Oct 9 01:30:16 GMT 2016

On 2016-10-08 2:33 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> I have been battling a severe cold, and can't manage to write sufficiently clear
> prose. I hope to have David's questions addressed by Monday
>
> However I need to unambiguously address the following right now:
>
> On 10/08/2016 09:33 PM, Darren Duncan wrote:
>> Given that Peter abdicated the right to choose first-come himself
>
> This is not the case. The right was taken away from me, in an unprecedented
> overreach by the PAUSE admins, as summarized by Graham Knop in
> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.modules/2016/10/msg96217.html
>
> I am really unhappy that me choosing to not fight for my rights is seen as
> abdication, instead of being an attempt to prevent the project suffering more
> damage than it already has.

Peter, by "abdication" I am specifically talking about this comment of yours,
where you say "I am forfeiting my right to select the next FIRSTCOME".

On 2016-10-07 10:09 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> * I strongly disagree with the PAUSE admins interpretation of my ownership of this project, and I strongly believe a procedural overstepping has taken place. However, the triggered discussion indicates my leadership is not without controversy, and therefore as indicated earlier[7], I am forfeiting my right to select the next FIRSTCOME.

But as it seems this isn't the meaning you intended, I retract the comment you
quoted.

> Darren, I understand you are really enthusiastic and have many plans for the
> future, but the forcefulness of your latest messages is becoming a distraction
> from what is at stake here. Please take a step back and let me address the
> questions David has raised.

I apologize that my latest messages have come across as being too forceful and
that they distract you.

I will do as you say, step back and wait before speaking further.

-- Darren Duncan