[Dbix-class] 3/5 Why my plan got scrapped

Christian Walde walde.christian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 08:55:09 GMT 2016

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 09:26:09 +0200, Peter Rabbitson
<rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us> wrote:

> On 10/12/2016 08:25 PM, Christian Walde wrote:
>>
>> I don't think what you're seeing is a drift in the community. I'm pretty
>> sure the community still thinks exactly as it did back then.
>>
>> You asked them specifically whether you should be taking a strong
>> position *at the helm*. You got responses encouraging you to take
>> leadership in development, comparing it to a pumpking situation,
>> mentions of BDFL, and a general wish for your continued involvement.
>
>  From where I stand I mainly asked the quoted part: should I keep saying
> no to eager developers. I agree with you that the buildup to that
> important to me question might have misdirected the responders. Believe
> me - it was not my intention in any shape or form.
>
> I will elaborate on the other part of your email in a day or two.

That makes sense, and parsing it as a misunderstanding sounds reasonable.

To make the complication of communicating the intent correctly here even
more clear though: Even the intent of "should i keep saying no" would
maybe not have been fulfilled by your intended course as far as i
understand it, given that it wouldn't have been you saying no anymore.

The trust that was spoken out to you was spoken out specifically to your
person and given the lack of information i have at the moment regarding
the originally intended future, it's not clear-cut (though entirely
possible) whether that trust would've extended to you being replaced by
another person.

--
With regards,
Christian Walde