[Dbix-class] Fwd: Re: GOVERNANCE: An actually concrete proposal w/bootstrap governance system

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcat.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 19:42:42 GMT 2016

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 12:22:07PM -0600, Darin McBride wrote:
> Also, this seems to fall in line with an earlier proposal to make the fifth
> person "compatibility minded" which then earned a rebuke that such things
> cannot be added after the fact.  However, it can - if the person in charge of
> such things has an absolute veto over shipping (in this case, a non-dev CPAN
> upload).
>
> Chris's latter two suggestions are along the line of my own, but stricter and
> clearer, so I would add +1 to those suggestions as well.  If you want to say
> the community has a say, this puts some teeth behind it.  (Suggestion #1 I
> would abstain from voting on :) )

I quite like Chris' thoughts overall, but feel like adding them by modifying
my proposal a-priori and effectively unilaterally-albeit-via-consultation
would unfairly prejudice the parts I like over the parts I'm less keen on,
so I'm going to leave the bootstrap proposal as-is.

However I would note that having the voting system tweaked using the voting
system as one of the first uses of the voting system is absolutely something
that was supposed to be possible, and would strike me as a pretty decent
validation that the self-modifying approach can at least theoretically work.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/