[Dbix-class] GOVERNANCE: Aggregation and conclusion

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Sun Oct 30 08:43:03 GMT 2016

On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 20:47:20 -0400 David Golden <xdg at xdg.me> wrote:
> I'm very pleased to see how the DBIC community has engaged in honest
> discussion about self-governance.  It's been a long road, but one
> that I think will serve the community well going forward.
>
> I'll make the changes in the next 24-48 hours and make a final
> announcement when it's done.

Given that there was no formal vote, I think this is a somewhat hasty
and unfair conclusion. It's a bit like having an election with only one
party, having people vote, and then mentioning a second party later
once the election's finished. I personally was just about to vote in
favour of the "governance+core team" proposal, when I went through all
the emails and came to the second conclusion.

Personally I would like to see a straightforward "A vs B" vote. Only
then will I consider this a fair decision.

Andy