[Dbix-class] Deflating DateTime for searching purposes

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Wed Dec 13 11:42:05 GMT 2017

On 13 Dec 2017, at 22:25, Vladimir Melnik wrote:

> I needed to convert `DateTime` objects to an SQL-recognized format
> (before to give it to the `search()` method), so I'd like to be sure
> that a `DateTime` object is being deflated according the same
> algorithm that is being used when I call `update()` or `create()`
> method.

Get the formatter from the DBIC storage engine, and format the date
using that:

     my $dt_parser = $schema->storage->datetime_parser;
     my $date_str = $dt_parser->format_datetime($dt);
     		…->search({date_col => $date_str});

Even if you switch to a different db type, the storage engine will
always return a parser which handles parsing/formatting dates in correct
format.

-cng

--

    Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    github.com/cngarrison   metacpan.org/author/CNG