[Dbix-class] Please review my proposed CPAN Module: DBIx-Class-Schema-VersionCheck

Daniel Böhmer post at daniel-boehmer.de
Fri Jan 6 12:58:21 GMT 2017

Hello DBIC devs and users, escpecially fREW,

I poured some work of mine into a dedicated Perl distribution and think
about
uploading it to CPAN. My hope is to get some feedback from you.

Currently you can find the code only on Github:
https://github.com/dboehmer/DBIx-Class-Schema-CheckVersion

Before uploading it to CPAN in the first place I'd like to know:

- Are there any existing modules doing the same job?

- Before occupying the namespace: Do have any thoughts on the name?

Even after uploading I am interested in:

- bug reports

- feature requests

- patches in form of Github Pull Requests

- ideas how to enable automatic calling of check_version() during
connect()
but still allowing deploying and therefor connecting to any empty DB w/o
check

Here's the story of what the module is about:

I am adopting DBIC::DeploymentHandler in a project I'm currently working
for.
We agreed on having having a check on server startup to see if the
database
has the same version as our schema. It wasn't trivial for me to find out
how
to do that but the result are a few pretty generic lines. You can
inherit
the module from your schema class and call check_version()

I am looking forward to your feedback and releasing the module.

Kind regards
Daniel Böhmer aka DBOEHMER