[Epo-ec-advisors] Some thoughts on areas to address in the EC

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcat.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 21:56:38 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:35:56PM -0400, Rocco Caputo wrote:
> On Jul 16, 2009, at 06:20, mike at altrion.org wrote:
>
> >Partly thinking aloud here - my back's broad, so feel free to shoot me
> >down...
>
> I also have a thinking-aloud question.  Has anyone done a post-mortem
> on P5EE?  Why did it die?  Is there anything of value on the body?

They decided to try and invent a standard rather than infer one.

I apologise for it being a video, but

http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/archive/conference-video/yapc-na-2009/std

covers my thoughts on the subject.

--
        Matt S Trout         Catalyst and DBIx::Class consultancy with a clue
     Technical Director      and a commit bit: http://shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/