[Epo-ec-advisors] Some thoughts on areas to address in the EC

chromatic chromatic at wgz.org
Fri Jul 17 17:47:46 GMT 2009

On Friday 17 July 2009 10:32:04 Chris Prather wrote:

> I haven't worked out a formalized one yet except a rough idea of
> deprecation cycles and regular releases. I think a policy of deprecate
> for N release and then removal is the workable rough idea in my head.
> Better suggestions?

That's the best solution I've seen.  Give people a clear warning that they'll
need to migrate to a different approach (or away from a deprecated technique),
give them time to do so, and then move on.

People will still grumble, but if they know the policy up front and you stick
to that policy, reasonable people won't grumble much.

-- c