[Epo-ec-advisors] Some thoughts on areas to address in the EC

Adam Kennedy adamkennedybackup at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 02:25:37 GMT 2009

2009/7/17 Chris Prather <perigrin at gmail.com>:
>> I also have a thinking-aloud question.  Has anyone done a post-mortem on
>> P5EE?  Why did it die?  Is there anything of value on the body?
>
> I haven't seen anything official. My *personal* take on it (and one that
> influences the directions I'm trying to have us take here) is that it failed
> because it was trying to come up with one single solution that was entirely
> new code. To me it seems better to pick exiting modules out of
> CPAN that are emerging as best of breed and try to give them the help they
> need to be the obvious choice.

Speaking from outside P5EE, but someone monitoring the noise coming
out of it, it started to do exactly what you are doing here, replacing
TMWOWTDI with...

"One Great Way To Do It!"

There was a lot of talk in various directions, and at some point I
think they just failed to get concensus and the message changed to

"Many Great Ways To Do It!"

Adam K