[Epo-ec-advisors] Some thoughts on areas to address in the EC

Matt S Trout m.trout at shadowcat.co.uk
Fri Jul 17 15:13:24 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:49:05PM +1000, Adam Kennedy wrote:
> 2009/7/17 Matt S Trout <m.trout at shadowcat.co.uk>:
> > And, of course, the difference here is we don't need consensus that a
> > particular way is -best-, only that it's -popular- and -good-. This has to
> > be an exercise in shipping rather than one in perfectionism.
>
> Correct.
>
> However...
>
> I may be reading people wrong, but I do think I'm already seeing the
> emergence of similar tendencies.
>
> "On top of that, I'm working on MQI (Message Queue Interface),
> which is intended to be DBI for messaging with a standard API via a
> factory class and MQD (driver) layers on top of each protocol. Thoughts?
> Does that sound like a good way forward?"
>
> This line of thought can quickly become "And we should build it and
> bundle it into the core"

No, it can't. Not in this group.

It only goes into the encore if it's already *widely* deployed by people.

If people musing about other forms of standardisation on this list as well
confuses you, we can take it elsewhere.

--
        Matt S Trout         Catalyst and DBIx::Class consultancy with a clue
     Technical Director      and a commit bit: http://shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/