[Epo-ec-advisors] Some thoughts on areas to address in the EC

jesse jesse at fsck.com
Fri Jul 17 17:13:26 GMT 2009

> Except I don't believe they ever -released- either because they decided to
> try and implement most of it themselves.

My recollection is that P5EE also decided they wanted consistency
throughout the recommended stack. And down that road lies Meta::...

One thing I haven't seen addressed (though I may have missed it) is
a plan, up front, to deal with the fact that recommended practices
evolve and what was once thought to be a good idea is now known to be
dangerous and harmful.

Designing for deprecation and evolution is very important.  What's the
plan for releasing new versions of the extended core _without_ things
that were previously there?