[Epo-extended-core] Working Group Charter

Cory Watson jheephat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 17:29:51 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Cory Watson <jheephat at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Chris Prather <perigrin at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> * List of reccomeded Modules with reviews as to *why* they're reccomeded.
>> * A "Task::EPO-EC" module that defines the Extended Core Modules and
>> allows one to Bootstrap off CPAN
>> * A workable plan on how to build a EPO-EC Perl Distribution
>> * List of secondary modules that *should* be in future EPO-EC but
>> cannot yet currently for specific reasons
>> * List of *specific* ways the EPO can help the secondary List be
>> promoted to the EPO-EC
>>

> Additional item:
>
> * Identify domains that need modules chosen and establish a process for
> ongoing maintenance of these domains.
>
> Idea being that we don't want to "pick a module for everything on CPAN".

More on this, summing up some talk from #epo-ec

The current idea is two high-level domains: Systems and Applications.  The
"litmus test" for determining which area a module goes in is something like
"will a user ever need to read this modules POD?".  An example of a System
module is DBI, as with any luck DBIC allows you to avoid ever having to look
at DBI directly.

Task::Kensho's existing categories/domains are probably a perfectly
reasonable place to begin.  The ultimate goal is to have all the pieces of
an end to end stack.

-- =

Cory 'G' Watson
http://www.onemogin.com