[Epo-extended-core] volunteering

Chris Prather perigrin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 15:44:51 BST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Chris Vertonghen <chris at vertonghen.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I kind of got really frustrated over the weekend and set up the
> PROPERL project here:
>
> http://PROPERL.org
>
> I then went on a rant this morning here:
>
> http://use.perl.org/~chrisv/journal/38721
>
> After a bit more reading up on the EPO site (thanks to mst and Denny
> DLH really) , I realize there is more overlapping that I first thought
> there was. Therefore I am volunteering to add what I was aiming to
> achieve with my PROPERL project to EPO.
>
> If you're interested in having an extra brain around, would it be
> possible to give me some pointers or some intro on who is who, who
> does what, where you already are in your efforts, what you already set
> out as goals, and how I could best, in your opinion, start
> contributing right away?

Chris,

You are *totally* welcome. The first thing you can do to help get
things moving is to help us catch up with the first two missed
deadlines.

http://github.com/perigrin/epo-ec/blob/a0d5bd75707b61a3ef222d0301003c647da9673c/documents/charter.txt

Basically we need someone to write some emails and get some feed back
from "expert advisors"

http://github.com/perigrin/epo-ec/blob/a0d5bd75707b61a3ef222d0301003c647da9673c/documents/advisors.txt

about what categories of modules need standardization and what modules
should be included. Task::Kensho is the start of that with the only
advisors involved in that being myself and mst.

-Chris