[Epo-grants-in-progress] Discussion?

Scott McWhirter scott+epogrants at cloudtone.ca
Sat Aug 1 08:00:57 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Mike Whitaker<mike at altrion.org> wrote:
> IMO, this is definitely a good idea.
>
> One major area I'd like to see looked into (as previously discussed on this
> or other lists) is packaging, specifically painless ways of rolling out Perl
> apps onto front-end servers by sysadmins who don't know the first thing
> about CPAN.
>
> It's an issue we're facing at the BBC as well, and definitely could use some
> love.

So, the premise behind the grant is that we'll accept proposals that
will help to make perl more competitive in the market place, wether
that is making packaging easier for companies, making oauth support
easier for all those web 2.0-sters or even marketing exercises to get
more universities/colleges to teach perl.

I would like to get a bunch of proposals to be sent to EPO, (request
for proposals sorta thing) and then for EPO to choose their
candidates. Once chosen, Cloudtone Studios and the EPO board will
finalize which proposal was successful. Upon acceptance, Cloudtone
will then deliver the funds to EPO and EPO will manage the progress
and payments.

Any questions/suggestions?

Thanks!

--
-Scott McWhirter- | -Technology Consultant-
[ Cloudtone Studios - http://www.cloudtone.ca ]