[Epo-grants-in-progress] POE Grant #1

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Thu Jul 23 10:55:52 GMT 2009

Hey all,

Rocco Caputo, rcaputo at pobox.com , has requested more information for
Grant Proposal #1. What we need to do is:

#1 answer his questions;
#2 Find someone in the organisation willing to be his contact during the
grant process;

Let's move on this while the iron is hot - i.e. this week if possible.

His email copied below:

Greetings.

It has been pointed out that EPO Grant #1 is to update POE's
documentation.  My recent work may already satisfy Proposal One, but I
suspect that the proposer has specific goals in mind.  How may I get in
contact with the proposer to discus these goals and which may remain to
be completed?

A summary of what I've done so far:

I recently completed an overhaul of POE's documentation to what might be
considered "second draft" quality.  The current documentation may be
browsed online at http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?POE

In April I began upgrading poe.perl.org's software and style.  This
month I have started focusing on content, as you can see at
http://poe.perl.org/?RecentChanges .  Over 50 dead pages have been
removed, and several have been revised or completely rewritten.  I plan
to touch nearly the entire site before I consider this renovation complete.

Thank you.

Regards

Mark

--
Mark Keating BA (Hons)          |  Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder
Managing Director               |  Shadowcat Systems Limited