[Epo-marketing] Making noise

Denny 2009 at denny.me
Fri Aug 14 13:19:43 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 14:04 +0100, Mark Keating wrote:
> 1. Work out a combined image for Perl - should it be the font as has
> been suggested or the logo - do we use the Onion/Camel or perhaps a
> new one that we get a design for - get it agreed on and then Creative
> Commons the licence so we can all use it.

I reluctantly suggest we go for a new logo, despite having used the
onion in various places in the past.  The Perl Foundation is far too
slow to license uses of the Onion, and there are way too many conditions
around it - end result, people don't use it.  The camel isn't an option
imho, it belongs to a company and that's not a good idea.  Something
under an open license would be much more reassuring, and people could
just grab it and use it - end result, hopefully, widespread usage.

Plus, hopefully it will be possible to come up with something slightly
cooler and more visually appealing than 'an onion'.  :-p

Regards,
Denny