[Epo-marketing] Where to sign up to the marketing mailing list?

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:47:57 GMT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Mark Keating
<m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk> wrote:
> Gabor Szabo wrote:

> Hi Gabor, I can certainly help with that. The site isn't yet in a repo but I
> can package up a copy of the current live site and send it to you if you
> want to add/make changes and then upload them. I will need to see if I can
> rustle up some help to get this in a repo so that people can edit/add to it.

I think a repo would be much better either either SVN or Git.
Github might be a good place and then someone (or some few) could be
responsible for pulling it from github to the real server while many can fork
and patch.

> Links to mailing lists on the contact page sounds fine to me, but wont that
> be needless tautology if we have a page for them? (Or did you mean a link to
> the mailing_lists page from the contact page? -Sorry this is occluded-.)

I mean a link from the contact page to the mailing_list page
and later probably to a page describing the irc channels.

> IIRC there are no links in the footer, we use the main nav bar at the
> moment. Though that can of course be adapted as required.

I leave that to the web designers. I think there should be several
ways for people to reach the information about mailing lists and IRC
channels as different people will look for that info in different ways.

Gabor