[Epo-marketing] Where to sign up to the marketing mailing list?

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Wed Sep 16 10:23:02 GMT 2009

Gabor Szabo wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Mark Keating
> <m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Gabor Szabo wrote:
>>

>> Hi Gabor, I can certainly help with that. The site isn't yet in a repo but I
>> can package up a copy of the current live site and send it to you if you
>> want to add/make changes and then upload them. I will need to see if I can
>> rustle up some help to get this in a repo so that people can edit/add to it.
>>

> I think a repo would be much better either either SVN or Git.
> Github might be a good place and then someone (or some few) could be
> responsible for pulling it from github to the real server while many can fork
> and patch.

Yep. Seems fine by me. Does anyone else want to contribute?

>> Links to mailing lists on the contact page sounds fine to me, but wont that
>> be needless tautology if we have a page for them? (Or did you mean a link to
>> the mailing_lists page from the contact page? -Sorry this is occluded-.)
>>

> I mean a link from the contact page to the mailing_list page
> and later probably to a page describing the irc channels.

Doing links from the front page to the mailing list page and from the
contact page right now. While we are on this topic, Gabor I know you run
the Perl AdServer, cvould you add the following items to it:

  - text: <a href=http://www.enlightenedperl.org>Enlightened Perl Organisation</a>
  - text: <a href=http://ironman.enlightenedperl.org>Planet Perl Iron Man</a>, Ironman Competition Blogs
  - text: <a http://ironman.enlightenedperl.org/signup/new_feed>Sign up to Planet Perl Iron Man</a>
  - text: <a http://northwestengland.pm.org>North West England Perl Mongers</a>, supplying Perl Mongery to the entire of the North West

>> IIRC there are no links in the footer, we use the main nav bar at the
>> moment. Though that can of course be adapted as required.
>>

> I leave that to the web designers. I think there should be several
> ways for people to reach the information about mailing lists and IRC
> channels as different people will look for that info in different ways.

Agreed, they will. I am the principal designer and I will have a mull
over the the idea of links on the bottom page.