[Epo-members-announce] send-a-newbie

Alan Haggai Alavi alanhaggai at alanhaggai.org
Thu Apr 15 15:19:12 GMT 2010

Hi,

Being a Send-a-Newbie recipient, I can confirm that it has played an important
role in helping me understand the community, love Perl more, and promote Perl
among non-Perl users. I am looking forward to attend YAPC::EU::2010 as well.
This time, hoping to debut as a speaker. :-)

On 28 March 2010, I was able to give a talk titled 'Y Perl?' at BarCamp Kerala
8. I mentioned Send-a-Newbie and how it is fun to program in Perl, in my talk.
A brief account of the talk can be read at: http://bit.ly/9Ww8oo

Since I am a non-voting member of the Enlightened Perl Organisation, I can
only say: Send-a-Newbie++

Thanks again to Edmund, Barbie, and other friends who co-ordinated and donated
for last year's Send-a-Newbie.

Regards,
Alan Haggai Alavi.
--