[Epo-members-announce] CPAN Testers and QA Hackathon vote

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 18:01:13 GMT 2011

Hey all,

A piece of news first. We will be working with CPAN testers in the
future to help them with the funding of their activities and management
of costs. This was in close discussion with barbie. As part of this we
have already managed to secure them free (sponsored) dns once their
current contract runs out (it really wasn't that hard :) we were
approached by the excellent alh after my last mail).

QA Hackathon 2012

Once again I approach you for a vote on whether we should sponsor the QA
Hackathon for 2012. We sponsored in 2011 and I think it is important as
an organisation that we sponsor in 2012. I am asking you to approve
€1,000 (one thousand euros) to match a similar donation that is being
considered by the French Perl Mongueurs.

We have until Midnight (11:59:59 UTC) on Wednesday 30th November to
vote, 'yay' or 'nay' or some other variant. This is an open vote but in
the case of a difference/tie between Ordinary and Special members then
the Ordinary members have the say.

Thanks all.

-md

--
Mark Keating BA (Hons), Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder.
Managing Director: http://www.shadow.cat