[Handel] Re: Handel Digest, Vol 5, Issue 3 - credit card processing questions

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 12:11:43 CET 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 11:05:15AM +0000, handel-request at lists.rawmode.org wrote:
> Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 20:30:42 -0800 (PST)
> From: charlie Bowman <cbowmanschool at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Handel] credit card processing questions
> To: A simple commerce framework <handel at lists.rawmode.org>
>
> I'm going through my first site using Handel and
> Catalyst and I've got a few questions.  Please bear
> with me through this process.
>
> 1. What field is the credit card info stored?
> 2. How do I unencrypt this number for later refunds or
> charges.
> 3. Where do I add in my actuall credit card
> processing.  Do I just add it to the Checkout/payment
> function?
> 4. I can't seem to get the updated field in the orders
> table to update.  Any ideas?
>
> Even though I'm spending alot of time learning these
> two tools.  I've already saved myself several days of
> work!  Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> Charlie

I'm not sure about refunds et al, but storing CC details is likely to
lead to a whole world of pain.

I'd be quite happy with a model where I verify CC details/payment in
real time, only storing the card details in memory

In my opinion this drstically reduces the chances of being "one of thise
sites" that accidentally makes their database of CC details available to
the world.

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.