[Handel] format statement in Handel version 0.33

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Thu Aug 3 14:53:59 CEST 2006

Jan Gerene wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Something is puzzling me for a while now and I know that it is not really
> a "Handel" question, but I don't know where to look further.
> Well, here we go..  In view.tt (for viewing the shopping cart) there is the
> following Template Toolkit syntax:
>
> [%HTML.escape(item.price.format(undef, 'FMT_SYMBOL')) %]
>
> I cannot figure out where the format function comes from and what the
> arguments are supposed to be.  I can guess that it is about the currency, but
> I don't get any currency symbol.  Can someone point me to the documentation
> of this function?
>
> Thanks,

All Currency-like fields actually return a Handel::Currency object that
just happens to stringify to the price. The format/convert methods are
located in Handel::Currency.

http://search.cpan.org/~claco/Handel-0.33/lib/Handel/Currency.pm

For format function itself uses Locale::Currency::Format to do the
formatting work. It is in that modeul you will find the options:

http://search.cpan.org/~tnguyen/Locale-Currency-Format-1.22/Format.pm

-=Chris