[Handel] Handel 0.99_05 Released

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Thu Aug 10 03:29:33 CEST 2006

It's that time of the month again. Another round of bits and bytes has
escaping from the coding monkeys. These new bits and bytes formed:

    * Changed create_result in Base to create_instance
    * Added create/search/uuid_maker/copyable_item_columns to Storage
    * Storage->clone now clones even with an active schema instance
    * Schema configuration in Storage now uses a clone of the
item_classes storage instead of the original, and redirects result->storage
    * Cart/Order/Items now use storage create/search
    * Cart/Order add() now use copyable_item_columns when passed objects
    * Cart/Order add() now look for source columns and methods to fill
destination column values
    * Various pod fixes
    * Added more tests for create_instance/clone changes
    * Cart/Order/Item new/load/destroy now take \%options, specifically
$options{storage}
    * Order->new $process argument moved into \%options
    * Order->copy_cart_items now just uses add
    * Added checkout_class to Storage
    * Storage now uses exception_action rather than dbh->{HandleError}
    * Storage process_error now creates a Storage Exception for unknown
errors
    * Moved storage settings in Cart/Order Item into
Storage::Cart/Order::Item
    * Applied Catalyst Helper test patch from Todd W.
    * Added Storage::Result, which is now returned by storage actions
    * Handel::Currency convert now returns a new currency object
    * Cart/Order/Item now use generic result objects
    * Cart/Order clear now returns result of action like delete does
    * Renamed Cart/Order/Item new() to create()
    * Renamed Cart/Order/Item load() to search()
    * Added load/new/items to Compat.t w/subclass tests

At this point, I think I'm close to being done rearranging the API and
there's even a good bit of compat tests for those -4 people using the
old API in subclasses. Now that the big stuff is out of the way, it's
time to get busy reworking the Catalyst helpers and I still need to fix
the demo code and get some good Cookbook stuff in place.

-=Chris