[Handel] checkout error "transactions not supported by database"

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Fri Aug 25 17:43:19 CEST 2006

Jan Gerene wrote:
> High,
>
> I am using a mysql database and Handel 0.33.
> When I call checkout, I get the error message that "transactions are not
> supported by database" on line nr 241 of Handel::Checkout.
> This line says local "$self->order->db_Main->{AutoCommit};".
>
> This used to work, but I moved the application on another machine and now I
> have this error.
> I know that mysql does not support transactions, but how can I work around
> this error.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Eek. This is a guess, and only a guess.
What version of DBI, DBD::mysql, and MySQL are you running?

There is some hubub on the net about newer MySQL/DBI/DBD versions
bailing with the "transactions are not supported by database" error
loudly when you're using MyISAM tables instead of InnoDB tables. In the
past, autocommitng without InnoDB just did nothing silently.

So, make sure you are running InnoDB tables and not MyISAM tables for
starters. That's my first guess.

-=Chris