[Handel] [ANNOUNCE] Handel 0.99_01 Released

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Sun Jun 4 21:50:59 CEST 2006

After what seems like an eternity, the first dev version of the upcoming
Handel 1.0 is now available. It should be available on CPAN shortly, or
you can get the latest version from:

http://svn.handelframework.com/CPAN/Handel/tags/0.99_01/

The biggest change is the move from Class::DBI to using DBIx::Class
schemas. Many thanks to Matt and the rest of the DBIC developers for the
help in drinking the DBIC koolaid and understanding some of its magic.

There has also been some API changes/cleanup dealing with list/scalar
context and the RETURN_AS nonsense in <= 0.32. Until I get the docs in
order, just be aware that 0.99+ is not API compatible with <= 0.32.
Hopefully I will get the docs updated shortly.

Happy coding.

-=Chris