[Handel] [OT] Canada/CYA

tom.kirkpatrick at virusbtn.com tom.kirkpatrick at virusbtn.com
Thu Jun 8 13:54:18 CEST 2006

handel-bounces at lists.rawmode.org wrote on 08/06/2006 12:47:02:

> I'm leaving early Friday morning for my yearly fishing trip to Canada.
> No lights, no motors cars, no cell phone signals, no electric, and
> *sniff sniff* no internet. We do have propane and propane accessories.
:-)

> Considering I hit a deer 4 miles from home on the 12 hour return drive
> last year, I figured it might be worth taking some small precautions
> this year.
>
> I don't really give a poop about most of the crap on my servers, but I'd
> like to keep Handel alive. I've placed a fresh copy of the subversion
> repo at http://handelframework.com/downloads/svn.zip just in case. It
> contains all my modules, including Handel, as well as the Handel website
> code.
>
> This brings up an issue I need to take care of when I get back. Once I'm
> not knee deep in the 1.0 redesign, I'll be looking for a volunteer or
> two to spread svn/blog/cpan dist access to as both a CYA measure, and to
>  make Handel more of a non-one-man-band module. I'll be honest, that
> scares me as I'm a control freak, but it needs to be done. Plus, I'll
> want to get going on Mango once Handel 1.0 is stable.
>
> I should be back to the land of the living late Saturday night (18th),
> or Sunday morning (19th).

Good stuff... well, have a bloody good time and once again, thanks for all
the hard work you have put in to Handel. I think the end result will be
well worth it.

regards
tkp

ps. I'll download a copy of your zip for just incase things really do go
tits up.

pps. the inflate_column failing test case is now on rt ;)

--
Tom Kirkpatrick
Web Developer - Virus Bulletin