[Handel] Looking Ahead: Handel 1.0 and Mango

Uwe Voelker uwe.voelker at gmx.de
Fri Mar 31 17:56:20 CEST 2006

> Well, since you're using the Handel API, and not the ORM API underneath,
> what would be the point of supporting more than one ORM? Speed? What's
> installed on the server?
>
> Maybe you could elaborate on the matter.

Oh, it seems I was missing the point. Somehow I thought Handel uses
"just a few columns" of my tables. (Like some authentication modules,
who expect to have a column 'username' and 'password', but my User table
has a lot more fields.) So I thought it could use my existing models.

> If you wanted to use CDBI, or RoseDB, etc you would just need to
> shoehorn it into, and make it act like the schema API.

Ok, I got that point. But if it's only for internal usage - you're
right, it just doesn't matter (and my app should not care).

> I'll toss it into the repo this evening.

Thanks. Don't hurry.

Bye, Uwe