[html-formfu] filename case

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:10:30 GMT 2007

On 17/08/07, Brian Cassidy <brian.cassidy at nald.ca> wrote:
> Carl Franks wrote:
> > I'm not entirely happy with all element filenames being lowercase, and
> > everything else being CamelCaps.
> > What I think would be better, would be to have all files under:
> >    Elements/
> >    Deflators/
> >    Filters/
> >    Constraints/
> >    Inflators/
> >    Validators/
> >    Transformers/
> > to be lowercase - but let users write it in any case they want.
>
> My personal opinion has been that class names should obey the camelcase
> rules.

It's unfortunate that we're using perl class-names to represent
something so far removed.

I've looked back at my mail to the old html-widget list, when I
originally made the change to lowercase element types, and my
reasoning was that the CamelCase was giving too high a visual cue to
the type, when I thought that the field name was generally the most
important part of each field.

I've a feeling I had been following Larry's perl6 writings a bit too
much, and had my head in huffmanize-mode.

I now usually put a blank line between each field in my yaml files -
so the break before each 'name' is sufficient to lead the eye, and
keep track of where I am.

Sigh, I just didn't want to mess people about by renaming all the
Element files to CamelCase - when I did the exact opposite 5 months
ago.
That's really the only reason I suggested such a complicated solution.
And I feel the current inconsistency has the potential to cause
confusion further down the line.

Okay, from what I can make out, discounting archive bots, there's 35
real people on this list.
Seriously now, are any of you going to lynch me if I change the
element filenames to CamelCase, and you have to change your config
files to match?