[html-formfu] Fields with visual indicator

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 20:52:03 GMT 2007

On 17/12/2007, Ferruccio Zamuner <nonsolosoft at diff.org> wrote:
> With HTML::FormFu 0.01006 I was using Multi nested and Block element to
> build some form with visual validating indicator next each field, just like:

Sorry that your code got broken, I didn't even know that non-field
types previously worked in a Multi block.
I've thought about it, but am not keen on changing it back to support
Blocks within a Multi again, as that's really not what it's for.

I think your outer Multis could be replaced by Blocks, and use a div
or a paragraph as the first element in each, to replace the comment.
(you'll also have to change each 'container_attrs' for 'attrs')

I think your inner Multis containing the status images would be much
better added in the 'field' template file. That's really layout
markup, not form definition.

btw, with the code examples you gave in your original bug report
(http://code.google.com/p/html-formfu/issues/detail?id=16 ) setting
the INCLUDE_PATH isn't enough to make formfu use Template to render
the form anymore - you also have to set $form->render_method('tt') -
otherwise it'll use internal methods to generate the markup.