[html-formfu] dev release pushed to CPAN

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 15:47:03 GMT 2007

On 29/06/07, Brian Cassidy <brian.cassidy at nald.ca> wrote:
> I was lucky enough to be able to get to YAPC::NA this year. One of my
> favorite questions to ask people was "What do you use for form
> handling?" Naturally, there we are variety of responses: FormBuilder,
> HTML::Widget, FillInForm, "none of the above" :)
>
> I mentioned FormFu to everyone and a number of people were interested.
> One of the biggest barriers for entry to them was no CPAN release. I
> told these people I would relay the message in hopes at least a dev
> version would be out in the near future.

That's encouraging to hear of the interest.
I think you're now our official evangelist ;)

> So Carl, what do you think about releasing 0.00_01 to CPAN to get things
> rolling?

Yup, there's been several calls for that in the past week or two, so
I've just uploaded a dev release to pause - version 0.01000_01
(adopting the dbix-class numbering scheme) - so it should be on cpan
very soon.

I've added a note at the top of the pod that it's still beta, and may
change before a feature-complete 1.0 release, but I don't think anyone
really reads those notices anyway...

Cheers,